Where To Find Free Houston Diaper Banks
Babys poop A LOT.
We’re talking about at least 6 – 10 explosive, soiled, soggy diapers each day. If your child is prolific pooper it could cost you anywhere from $70 a month to $900 a year!
For this reason, we want to share with you a listing of Houston diaper banks that will help you save some cash.
In addition to the diaper banks, you will also find providers that offer the following services:
- An agency that provides free baby formula
- A Houston Heights baby shop that can teach you everything you need to know about cloth diapers and wearing your baby.
- A Houston non-profit that will give you up to 4 twin sized bed for free
You’ll find all those resources and much more!
Where To Find Houston Diaper Banks (Map)
Below is a listing of agencies who can potentially provide you with free diapers in Houston.
The locations with blue plots are official Houston diaper banks. These are places that specialize in nothing but distributing free diapers.
The green plots on the map are your secondary options for free diapers in Houston. These locations focus on a number of services for mom and baby. Although they do not advertise themselves as diaper banks you should still consider calling them, because they can refer you to diaper banks near you.
1. Dependable Houston Diaper Banks
In this section, you will find a listing of dependable Houston Diaper Banks. These are agencies you should consider first if you need free diapers in Houston because diapers are their specialty.
Houston Diaper Bank
The Houston Diaper Bank is one of the largest diaper assistance programs in the city.
For more information about regarding obtaining diapers, volunteering or donating diapers you can contact at their Sharpstown area office 6201 Bonhomme Rd Suite 250N, Houston, TX 77036.
You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 877.433.9832.
The Diaper Foundation
The Diaper Foundation understands “the struggle” which is why they provide diaper assistance to low-income households all across Houston.
This organization can not only assist you with obtaining diapers, but they also provide counseling, support, and referrals to new mothers.
To qualify for help from the Houston Diaper Foundation you must meet the following conditions:
- Must have photo ID
- Must be receiving Medicaid
- Present a Medicaid Award Letter
- Attend an in-person appointment
- Produce a birth certificate for your child
You can contact the Houston Diaper Foundation by calling them at 713.807.1111. You can also mail them at:
The Diaper Foundation
P.O. Box 667109
Houston, TX 77266
Houston Diaper Assistance Program
The Houston Diaper Assistance Program provides 6-months of diapers to eligible families who need them.
The program operates from February to July (enroll in December) and August to January (enroll in June).
Eligibility for this program is:
- The child wears diaper size newborn to size 7
- Priority is given to families who are enrolled in school or any other type of job training program.
- Must be eligible for CHIP assistance, although they do not have to be enrolled. See the cart below.
This program also offers an Emergency Award that provides qualifying families with a one month supply of diapers. To apply for this program email Houston Diaper Assistance at email@example.com.
If you need free diapers in Houston apply for this program at Houston Diaper Assistance. Enrollment months are June and December. Should you need more information call the program at 832.390.0369.
2. Secondary Houston Diaper Banks
The programs in this section offer diapers although this is not their primary focus. They should be a secondary option if you are seeking free diaper assistance in Houston.
St. John Vianney Catholic Church – Gabriel Project
The Gabriel Project is a special program offered by St. John Vianney Catholic Church.
This program helps mothers by offering parenting classes and supplies moms with baby items such as disposable diapers.
St. John Vianney Church is located in the Energy Corridor, just off 1 – 10 West and Highway 6. If you are interested in receiving diapers or praying (over the phone) with a mother in the program you can contact the Gabriel Project by calling 281.497.4434.
Their address is 625 Nottingham Oaks Trail, Houston, TX 77079.
Catholic Charities – The Blessed Beginnings Pregnancy and Parenting Program
The Blessed Beginnings Pregnancy and Parenting Program provides support to both young mothers and fathers.
This program assists mothers from the pregnancy to the child’s 5th birthday with things like bottles, clothes, cribs, car seats, educational toys and of course diapers.
To learn more about this program contact Catholic Charities at 713.526.4611 or visit their Midtown location at 2900 Louisiana St, Houston, TX 77006.
Pregnancy Assistance Center (Spring / Woodlands + Conroe)
The Pregnancy Assistance Center offers counseling, pregnancy tests, and supplies to women. Other services offered at the Pregnancy Assistance Center include ultrasounds, pregnancy consultations, and medical advice concerning your pregnancy.
Center For Pregnancy
The Center for Pregnancy is a Friendswood facility that offers diapers as well as:
- Early Pregnancy Education
- Childbirth and Parenting Classes
- Pregnancy Counseling
- Adoption Agency Referrals
- Pregnancy Testing
- Infant Clothing, furniture and formula
Center for Pregnancy serves the following areas: Alvin, Friendswood, Pearland, Santa Fe, and Webster.
For more information, you can call them at 281.482.5683, visit their website, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their location at 347-B East Parkwood Av, Friendswood, TX 77546.
Pregnancy Assistance Center North or PACN (Spring, Woodlands, Conroe)
The Pregnancy Assistance Center North provides a number of services for needy mothers in far North Houston and Montgomery County. These services include:
- Social workers to provide referrals
- Free pregnancy tests
- Supplies for mom and baby
- Medical advice from professionals
PACN has two locations, one in Spring and Conroe.
The Spring location is at The address is at 26402 I -45 North, Spring, TX 77386. They are open on Mondays and Wednesdays. The phone number is 281.367.1518.
Conroe is 115 N San Jacinto St, Conroe, TX 77301. They are open Monday through Thursday. The phone number is 936.441.6442.
3. Pregnancy Assistance Centers In Houston
The agencies in this section provide pregnancy services (ultrasounds, counseling, free formula, cloth diaper consultations and more).
Most agencies below do not operate as Houston diaper banks, although they can provide referrals for baby items.
Baytown Pregnancy Resource Center
The Baytown Pregnancy Resources Center can potentially help you find free diapers. Here are other resources provided:
- Parenting classes
- Earn “mommy dollars” to buy items like cribs, clothes and baby diapers
- Pregnancy education
For more information call them at 281.427.2273, visit their website or stop by their location at 2802 Garth Rd #209, Baytown, TX 77521.
Greenspoint Pregnancy Assistance Center (Mission Greenspoint Ministries)
The Greenspoint Pregnancy Assistance Center is a program which is apart of Mission Greenspoint Ministries.
The following services are provided:
- Job assistance for mothers
- Counseling for parents
- Baby supplies
This program is located in the Greenspoint area. The address is 11947 North Freeway, Houston, TX 77060 and phone number is 281.872.1422. The website is Mission Greenspoint.
Houston Children’s Charity Program
The Houston Children’s Charity Program does not provide free diapers. They can, however, help you with the following programs:
- Children’s Christmas Program – This program offers children Christmas toys
- A Better Night Sleep Program – This program will provide up to 4 twin beds per family
- Houston Children’s Charity Closet – You can get children’s clothing program here.
- Chariots for Children – Provides automobiles for families of disabled, wheelchair-bound children.
For more information contact HCC at 713.524.2878, visit their website or go to their physical address at 1600 W. Loop S #610, Houston, TX 77027.
LIFE Houston – Baby Formula
There are 5 different locations where you can get free formula in Houston. For questions about each site call 713.528.3802.
- East End – 204 Clifton St, Houston, TX 77011. Open Monday through Friday.
- SW Multi-Service Center – 6400 High Star, Houston, TX 77074. Open Tuesday and Thursday. Closed 1st week of the month. 713.528.6044
- West End Multi-Service Center – 170 Heights Blvd, Houston, TX 77007. Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday. 713.528.6044
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center – 6719 West Montgomery Rd #207, Houston, TX 77091. Open Tuesday only. 713.528.6044
- Spring Branch Family Development Center – 8575 Pitner, Houston, TX 77080. Open some Mondays, but call for business hours. 713.528.6044.
LIFE Houston can help with 7 days of formula.
To receive the assistance you must meet the following:
- Have a child between birth and 12 months
- ID for parent
- 1 official form showing baby’s full name and DOB
If you are seeking free baby formula in Houston, contact LIFE Houston at 713.528.6044 or visit their website.
LIFE Houston is a good option for emergency formula although don’t forget about your local WIC offices. You can see each Houston WIC office by going here.
Pasadena Pregnancy Specialty Center
The Pasadena Pregnancy Specialty Center offers mainly pregnancy services although they can potentially refer you to free diaper banks in Houston.
Here are the pregnancy services offered here:
- Preconception Counseling
- Genetic screening and testing
- Preterm labor
- Prior preterm birth
- Multiple Gestations
- Doppler studies
- 1st-trimester screening
This agency is located in Pasadena. The address is 3351 Plainview St, Suite A-2, Pasadena, TX 77504. You can call them at 281.707.0939.
The Pure Parenting Shop
Pure Parenting is a shop that sales a number of specialty items for babies and moms. They also give parents the opportunity to create a gift registry.
In addition to the shop Pure Parenting offers education like:
- Cloth Consultations – One way to save money on diapers is by going old school with cloth diapers. Pure Parenting offers a $25 consultation to explain what cloth diapers are and how they work.
- Babywearing – If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of wearing your child, Pure Parenting also offers a class for that.
- Carrier Fittings – If you’re sold on the idea of babywearing then allow Pure Parenting to demonstrate how the baby carriers fit. These classes start at $15.
For more information, you can visit this Heights shop at 2401 Yale St, Houston, TX 77008. Call them at 832.856.1416 or visit their website.
Southeast Area Ministries
Southeast Area Ministries services primarily the SE part of Houston. They may be able to provide you with infant care items when they are available.
If you live in the zip codes they serve (77587, 77017, 77034, 77061, 77075, 77087, 77089, 77598) they can assist you with things like rental assistance, food, and clothing.
For more information call them at 713.944.0093, visit their website or their office at 2102 Houston Blvd, South Houston, TX 77587.
Women’s Pregnancy Center
The Women’s Pregnancy Center is located in SW Houston. The main services provided are:
- Baby clothing
- Parenting education
- Pregnancy Testing
- 10 Week Post Abortion Healing Program
The agency is opened Monday through Thursday and Saturday.
For more information about this Houston pregnancy assistance center, you can call them at 713.744.0126, visit their website or stop by their location at 8300 Bissonnet St, Suite 160, Houston, TX 77074.
Raising children is expensive, therefore if you are eligible should definitely be visiting these Houston diaper banks.
Rember to contact agencies like Houston Diaper Assistance Program, Diaper Foundation, and Houston Diaper Bank first because they specialize in supplying free diapers. If one of these locations is convenient for you then you can look to some of the secondary diaper banks found on the map above (add link to diaper bank map).
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 10 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans and creating easy to understand community resources on his site HoustonCaseManagers.com. To become a more saucy social worker, hop on his free email list and receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.