- Novo Nordisk PAP: How To Get A Free 90 Day Supply of Insulin
- What Is Novo Nordisk?
- Eligibility For The Novo Nordisk Patient Assistance Program
- Eligibility If You Were Impacted By COVID-19
- How To Apply For The Novo Nordisk Insulin Assistance Program
- What Happens After You Apply For The Novo Nordisk Insulin Assistance Program?
Novo Nordisk PAP: How To Get A Free 90 Day Supply of Insulin
In this guide, I’m going to tell you about the Novo Nordisk Patient Assistance Program. This program can potentially provide you with a free 90 day supply of insulin if you meet the qualifications.
This program is especially important during the current pandemic that we are in because of the number of people who are losing their jobs and health coverage.
If you have lost your job and health coverage, continue reading to see if you qualify for a free 90 day supply of insulin.
What Is Novo Nordisk?
Novo Nordisk is a Healthcare Company that provides medications to treat people with diabetes and other chronic conditions through their patient assistance programs. Other conditions that Nov Nordisk provides help with include obesity, rare blood diseases, and those that impact the endocrine system.
The Novo Nordisk Patient Assistance Program is probably best-known for providing free insulin to diabetics however here’s a complete list of Novo Nordisk products that are offered through this medication program.
Eligibility For The Novo Nordisk Patient Assistance Program
To qualify for this diabetes patient assistance program you must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. Citizen
- Household income at or below 400% of the federal poverty line
- Not eligible for any federal, state, or government health insurance plans like Medicaid, veterans benefits, or the Low-Income Subsidy which covers the cost of medications.
Eligibility If You Were Impacted By COVID-19
If you have lost your job due to COVID-19 these are the documents that you will need to provide in order to qualify for this patient assistance program.
- Complete patient assistance program application (English, Spanish)
- Show documents proving that you lost your health care benefits. This can include a termination letter or proof of COBRA benefits that are being offered to you
- If you are applying due to a COVID-19 job loss, no proof of income is required
If you qualify for this patient assistance program you will receive a free 90 day supply of insulin. Prior to the end of your 90 day supply, someone with Novo Nordisk will contact you to see if you still need help with insulin. If so they will speak with you about any additional assistance that is available.
How To Apply For The Novo Nordisk Insulin Assistance Program
To apply for this insulin assistance program you must complete the following steps:
- Provide Proof of Income
- Complete the Novo Nordisk application
- Have your doctor sign and fax your application
We will talk more about each of the above steps in the following section.
1. Provide Proof of Income
Acceptable proof of income includes any of the following documents:
- The last two paycheck stubs from anyone working in your household
- Last year’s income tax
- Social Security income
- W-2 Form
- Unemployment Benefit statement
2. Complete The Novo Nordisk Application
Your doctor will complete part 1 of the application.
You will complete part 2 which is titled Patient Information and part 3 called Patient Certification and Authorization.
Below you will find the Novo Nordisk Patient Assistance Program applications in both English and Spanish:
3. Have Your Doctor Sign and Send Your Application
The last step requires that your doctor complete Section 1 of the application, sign/date the application, and finally fax or mail the application and your proof of income to Novo Nordisk.
To fax this information you will need to send it to 866-4401 4190. If you choose to fax your application it must be sent from your primary care doctor’s office.
To mail the patient assistance application you will need to send it to:
Novo Nordisk Inc,
PO BOX 370
Somerville, NJ 08876
What Happens After You Apply For The Novo Nordisk Insulin Assistance Program?
It will take roughly 10 business days for your application to be processed.
If you are approved, Novo Nordisk will inform your primary care doctor. Your insulin will be mailed to your primary care doctor’s office where you can pick it up there.
If you are diabetic and lost your job/health insurance coverage due to COVID-19 consider applying for the Novo Nordisk patient assistance program. This program had expired on December 31st, 2020 however the program was extended until at least June 30th, 2021.
Those who qualify will receive a free 90 day supply of insulin so make sure to apply if you think you can use the assistance.
To learn more about this program you can visit the Novo Nordisk website.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- 20 Ways To Find Prescription Assistance In Houston
- How To Apply For Harris Health Gold Card
- 15 Low-Cost Houston Medical Clinics To Treat The Uninsured
- How To Find An Endocrinologist In Houston
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.